Sarah Reed Children's Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping children of all ages with behavioral and mental illnesses. We promote a safe and healing environment for our children and families in order to help them reach their full potential. We offer a wide range of services to provide support every step of the way.
Why choose Sarah Reed Children's Center for your internship?
· Gain real life experience working in the mental health field
· Make a difference in the lives of others
· Explore the various departments and functions of a mental health organization
· Work closely with and be a part of a team of professionals focused on the individual needs of children and adolescents in our care
· Observe trauma-informed care and treatment, utilizing the Sanctuary Model
· Have the freedom to work on your own individual project pertaining to the organization
We currently have Bachelor's and Master's level internship opportunities at the following programs:
Outpatient Behavioral Health: Outpatient Therapy services children and adults through our Outpatient Program. The Outpatient Program provides a wide range of Evidence-Based Interventions. Our Outpatient Program also offers, Intensive Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (IBHS), which are designed to provide supports for children and their families who are having difficulty managing behavior and emotions in the home, school and community. Another service provided by our Outpatient Program is, psychological testing, which is an important and valuable clinical service that helps to identify a person's unique strengths and weaknesses and a more thorough understanding of any challenges.
Partial Hospitalization: The partial hospitalization program offers a level of care that enables stabilization of the child's emotional and behavioral disturbances with a therapeutically supported diversion from inpatient care. The goal of the program is to restore a level of functioning that enables the child to successfully return to a regular school setting, re-enter the community and improve overall family functioning. Our Acute Partial Hospitalization Program is an intensive, non-hospital based service which focuses on solution-based, short-term treatment interventions to help stabilize children with significant psychological, emotional, and behavioral difficulties
Residential Treatment program: Our Residential Treatment Program is structured for children whose needs and safety concerns require a 24 hour treatment environment. Each child's individualized treatment plan is developed by the child and family team. This team includes the child, family, psychiatrist, therapist, nurse, case manager, education representative, and representatives from child-serving agencies. We have five living units that provide a total of 76 licensed beds on our six-acre campus.
Internship Experiences (may vary by program program):
· Assist team members with job responsibilities and essential tasks associated with their clinical support positions
· Provide support in classroom or residential setting with behavior monitoring and therapeutic interactions
· Model and teach a psych-education curriculum that focuses on the Sanctuary Model
· Gain education on trauma-informed care, HIPAA, cultural competencies, and professional ethics
· Attend trainings in Safe Crisis Management
· Utilize your creativity to plan group activities and/or create incentive programs
· Exposure to clinical documentation
· Participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions
· Growth in problem solving, empathy, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution
· Must be age 21 or older
· Currently enrolled in a psychology, social work, education, criminal justice or related field at a university or college
· Ability to obtain clean clearance for FBI Fingerprints, Child Abuse, and PA Criminal History
· Results from a TB test and physical
· Must be motivated, enjoy working with kids, organized, and have good communication skills
Flexible part-time - Unpaid
Please submit your resume and cover letter, with your application, by the due dates listed below. At the time of your interview, you will be asked to provide a list of your school's internship requirements.
Summer: March 10th
Fall: April 1st
Spring: October 15th