- Prepare and organize annual budget for review, presentation & distribution
- Prepare quarterly forecasts updates
- Analyze and report cost variances
- Conduct in depth reviews and analysis for programs and services to help improve operating results and to build program leaders' understanding
- Maintain compliance with internal controls to safeguard assets, and provide for completeness of revenue, costs and program budgets and actual expenditures at the program level
- Oversee annual rate renewal/increases, including calculation of required cost to cover county contracted services
- Develop rate requests for services
- Prepare contract proposals for school districts
- Advise on financial analyses and decision-making regarding capital investments, pricing, contract negotiations
- Update and or develop the documentation of policies and procedures that ensure efficient financial operations and appropriate internal controls
- Provide consultation and support for billing functions
- Research and compile information for software or other technology purchases
- Participate in key strategic initiatives and assist with other ad hoc projects
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field is required with 5 years of overall experience, including 2 years of managerial experience preferably in a non-profit, healthcare or accounting firm environment. Value Based Purchasing knowledge and/or experience a plus. Previous experience required. CPA license preferred.
· Excellent management and analytical skills with the desire and ability to lead and develop others.
· Problem-solving and decision-making capacity in a government and managed care reimbursed environment.
· Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders.
· Results-oriented and passionate about operational excellence.
· Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, facilitation skills, and negotiation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to adapt practices, processes, and techniques to changing priorities and issues and drive proactive, effective change leadership.